Miktek CV4MP Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphones (Matched Pair)
- The Miktek CV4 Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone Matched Pair is a matched stereo pair of large-diaphragm studio condenser microphones, each with a NOS Telefunken EF800 tube output stage. The CV4 delivers the clarity, frequency response, classic warmth and control well suited to handle the gamut of crucial recording applications. The dual 1-inch diaphragm yields up to 9 switchable polar patterns. Tight tolerances and special attention to precise machining of the backplate produce a linear off-axis response that ensures the accuracy of the microphone.
- Stereo pair tested for matching frequency response and selected to ensure best match
Miktek CV4 Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone
The Miktek CV4 is a large-diaphragm tube condenser microphone offering nine pick-up patterns. The CV4’s sound is truly large and produces a musical response that will please artists, producers and most seasoned engineers alike. The bottom end is big. warm and tight, with mids that are present and even, along with a high frequency response that’s sweet and airy. The CV4 is ideal for recording single vocalists, and perfect for acoustic instruments, groups of vocals, piano, string ensembles, winds, overheads on a drum kit or as ambient room mics.
The CV4 utilizes the MK9 capsule developed by Miktek. This unique capsule features dual 1-inch diaphragms manufactured using 5-micron Mylar with a 0.4-micron layer of evaporated gold, which is precisely tensioned, mounted to carefully-tuned backplates, and set back-to-back to create the final capsule. Tight tolerances and special attention to precise machining of the backplate produce a linear off-axis response that ensures the accuracy of the microphone
The Miktek CV4 is hand-built using components from the US, Europe and Asia, and is tested and packaged in Nashville, Tennessee, USA. Each microphone includes its serialized frequency response graph created during final testing.
Together with an original NOS (new-old-stock) Telefunken EF800 tube, in which the high-voltage circuit has been uniquely implemented, the microphone challenges the performance of the best-in-class industry standards without hesitation.
Following the head amplifier, the heart and soul of the CV4’s is the massive AMI BT4 output transformer, which offers a classic sound and an extended low frequency response found in the earliest versions of the most famous vintage tube microphones.
The CV4 is packaged with its swivel mount in a wooden box, which is set inside an aluminum case with the included power supply unit, 7-pin XLR cable and shock mount.
- Classic Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Design
- MK9 Dual 1-inch Capsule with 5-micron Mylar, Evaporated Gold Diaphragms
- Nine Selectable Pick-up Patterns
- AMI BT4 Transformer
- Original NOS Telefunken EF800 Tube
- Individual serialized Frequency Response Graph
- External Power Supply and 7-pin XLR Cable
- Wood Presentation Case with swivel-mount, shock-mount and rugged aluminum Carrying Case
CV4 Data Sheet:
- Most items are shipped out within 2 business day after cleared payment
- Ground shipping is free (orders over $40)
- Free shipping only to the lower 48 states