MOJAVE AUDIO MA-300 MICROPHONE
MOJAVE AUDIO multi-pattern large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone MA-300
The MA-300 is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone. Based upon the widely accepted MA-200 designed by David Royer, the MA-300 adds a continuously variable pickup pattern selector, 15dB pad and a switchable bass roll-off. The MA-300 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Utilizing hand-selected, double diaphragm 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-300 performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. The MA-300 power supply can be set for 115V and 230V, 50 or 60 Hz, through an internal switch (100V is also available). Each MA-300 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case-within-a-case.
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Hand-selected 3-micron double diaphragm capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
Use anywhere you would use a large diaphragm tube microphone.
- Voice Over and Broadcast
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor – double diaphragm.
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS : 3-microns
- POLAR RESPONSE: Continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-eight.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz to 20 KHZ, +/-3 dB at “flat” setting of bass cut switch. Bass cut switch provides 6 dB per octave attenuation below 100 Hertz in “cut” setting
- SENSITIVITY: -37dB re 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- DISTORTION:< 1% @ 117 dB SPL , < 3% @ 125 dB SPL with pad off, < 1% @ 132 dB SPL, < 3% @ 140 dB SPL with pad on
- SELF NOISE: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- PAD: 15 dB
- BASS CUT: 6 dB per octave below 100 hertz.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount
and cables: 13 lbs.
Microphone: 7 5/8″ X 2″, 1 lb.
HAVE A PAIR OF MA-300'S MATCHED FOR AN ADDITIONAL $50
- Most items are shipped out within 2 business day after cleared payment
- Ground shipping is free (orders over $40)
- Free shipping only to the lower 48 states
D.O'B. Sound and Studios - along with D.O'B. Sound Pro offers: Recording Studios, Rehearsal Studios, Music Production, Guitar Repair, Equipment Rental, Live Sound and Lighting Production, Musical Instruments, Musical Accessories, Pro Audio and Accessories, Concert Promotion Support, Tech Support. We cater to Musicians, Artists, Audio and Lighting Engineers, DJ's, Producers, A/V (Audio Visual) Tech's, Beginners, Hobbyists to Seasoned Professionals all over the United States.