MOJAVE AUDIO MA-100 MICROPHONE
MOJAVE AUDIO small diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules MA-100
The MA-100 is a small diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules. The latest in a lineage of successful microphone designs by David Royer, the MA-100’s ‘cathode follower’ design allows use on high SPL instruments such as drums and guitar amplifiers, as well as the more common applications of a small diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone, such as acoustic instruments, cymbals, stereo pairs and pianos.
Featuring hand selected 3 micron capsules, high quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-100 performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic small diaphragm tube condenser microphones. The MA-100 power supply can be set for either 115v or 230v via an external switch. Each MA-100 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case.
Small Diaphragm – Big Sound!
Why choose a small diaphragm microphone? Because small diaphragm microphones offer some distinct advantages over their larger brethren:
- More consistent polar pattern
- Better transient response
- Ease of placement
Why choose an MA-100?
- Extended low-frequency response
- High SPL handling capability – try putting your large-diaphragm mic on a snare drum!
- Interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules
- Hand-selected 3-micron capsules
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- External switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
- High SPL handling capability
- Acoustic Instruments
- Guitar Amplifiers
- Stereo Pairs (X/Y, MS, etc.)
- Decca Tree
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
- Voice-overs and Broadcast
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally excited capacitor type
- DIAPHRAGM: .8″ / 20.5 mm diameter
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS: 3 microns
- POLAR RESPONSE: Interchangeable Cardioid and Omnidirectional Capsules
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, +/-3dB
- SENSITIVITY: -37dB re 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 130dB
- DISTORTION: head amp only , not to exceed .4% @ 140 dB SPL
- SELF NOISE: Not to exceed 16dB
- IMPEDANCE: 450 ohms, transformer balanced
- VACUUM TUBE: 5840 pentode wired as triode, operated as a unity-gain buffer stage (cathode follower)
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 100-120VAC; 220-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz. Power consumption approx. 10 watts.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT: Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables: 7 lbs.
Carrying Case: 14″x11″x4″
Microphone: 5.5″x.75″, weight .4lbs
HAVE A PAIR OF MA-100'S MATCHED FOR AN ADDITIONAL $50
- Most items are shipped out within 2 business day after cleared payment
- Ground shipping is free (orders over $40)
- Free shipping only to the lower 48 states
D.O'B. Sound and Studios - along with D.O'B. Sound Pro offers: Recording Studios, Rehearsal Studios, Music Production, Guitar Repair, Equipment Rental, Live Sound and Lighting Production, Musical Instruments, Musical Accessories, Pro Audio and Accessories, Concert Promotion Support, Tech Support. We cater to Musicians, Artists, Audio and Lighting Engineers, DJ's, Producers, A/V (Audio Visual) Tech's, Beginners, Hobbyists to Seasoned Professionals all over the United States.