Neumann TLM 102 Cardioid mic with K 102 capsule (Email for – LOWER- D.O’B. Sound Pro Price)
Neumann TLM 102 Cardioid mic with K 102 capsule, includes SG 2 and Carton Box
(Email for – LOWER- D.O’B. Sound Pro Price)
Despite its small size, the Neumann TLM102 studio microphone is well-equipped to make myriad sound sources -- from vocals and voiceovers to drums and amps -- sound huge. Ideal for home recording, broadcasting, and project studio applications, this diminutive Neumann microphone is a multi-functional must-have for anyone on a tight budget. If you treat it right, the large-diaphragm TLM102 will be your go-to studio mic for many years to come.
Great on Drums, Vocals, and More
With its fixed-cardioid large-diaphragm capsule's maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 144 dB, the TLM102 can capture the fine details of drums and other very loud sound sources. When it's time to settle down and record something quieter, like vocals, the TLM102 really shines thanks to a slight boost above 6 kHz, which helps vocals stand out in a mix. According to Neumann, up to 6 kHz, the frequency response is extremely linear, making this microphone a standout choice for getting great recordings with a clearly defined bass range and minimal coloration.
All You Need Is One Good Mic
The expense of the TLM102 microphone is quite fair when you consider its wide range of applications. This one mic can yield exceptional results when recording loud instruments like drums and amps, for example, as well as quieter sound sources like the acoustic guitar and the human voice. If you've got a restricted allowance for recording gear and you have a small studio space, investing in a multi-purpose microphone like the Neumann TLM102, instead of a bunch of different microphones dedicated to specific recording applications, makes sense.
|Type||Quantity||Length (in)||Width (in)||Height (in)||Weight (lb)|
The classic look of the TLM102, with its small-scale yet signature Neumann design and shiny grille ring, makes this fixed-cardioid condenser mic look more expensive than it is. More than just a nice embellishment, the grille ring features an integrated pop screen that suppress plosives in vocal and speech recording. The capsule serves another purpose as well, with an elastic suspension designed to suppress structure-borne noise.
- Large-diaphragm cardioid capsule
- High max SPL of 144 dB great for capturing loud sound sources
- Slight presence boost above 6 kHz helps vocals come through in a mix
- Smaller-scale Neumann design
- Transformerless circuitry
- Ideal for home recording, broadcasting, and project studio applications
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 11 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 21 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 12 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 73 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 82 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 144 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V +/- 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.5 mA
- Matching connector: XLR3F
- Weight: approx. 260 g
- Diameter: 52 mm
- Length: 116 mm
- Most items are shipped out within 1 business day upon cleared payment
- Ground shipping is free (orders over $40).
- Free shipping only to the lower 48 states
D.O'B. Sound and Studios - along with D.O'B. Sound Pro offers: Recording Studios, Rehearsal Studios, Music Production, Guitar Repair, Equipment Rental, Live Sound and Lighting Production, Musical Instruments, Musical Accessories, Pro Audio and Accessories, Concert Promotion Support, Tech Support. We cater to Musicians, Artists, Audio and Lighting Engineers, DJ's, Producers, A/V (Audio Visual) Tech's, Beginn