Supro 2020TS Westbury Dual Pickup Island Series (Flame Maple Tobacco Sunburst)
Gold Foil PickupsThe unique Gold Foil pickups found in the Supro Westbury are faithful reproductions of the original magnetics developed for Valco by Ralph Keller in the early 1950s. These pickups, which gave voice to the vintage Chicago-made Supro guitars, have a massive, broadband sound with remarkably low noise for a single-coil design. The humbucker-sized Gold Foil bridge pickup found in the Westbury is slightly overwound, while the neck pickup is reverse-wound in order to provide fully hum-cancelling sound when the two pickups are combined by selecting the middle position of the 3-way toggle switch.
Island SeriesThe Westbury guitar and its relatives in the Island Series were designed by Glenn Sweetwood and David Koltai, with technical assistance from master designer Trevor Wilkinson and vintage pickup expert Ken Calvet.
- Vintage Supro body design
- Set neck with black satin finish
- 2x vintage Gold Foil pickups
- 50’s-wiring volume and tone controls
- Wave tailpiece
- Alder body
- Dot inlays
- 6100 frets
- 12″ radius fretboard
- 25 ½” scale
- Most items are shipped out within 2 business days upon cleared payment
- Ground shipping is free (orders over $40).
- Free shipping only to the lower 48 states